The real trick to eating fit? Give yourself a break once in a while. That’s not to say go hog wild (pun intended) and eat pounds of bacon and baker’s dozens of donuts. I’ve found though that if you don’t enjoy some of those indulgences in moderation, the binge factor can become bigger than ever.
Today’s recipe you may think borders on opening the floodgates (and closing arteries), but in fact it only appears decadent. Indulging in this Mac of sorts is a great way to celebrate Friday and feel saucy. All of the ingredients I used to make this are locally sourced and minimally processed, so you can indulge without the guilt of a box of Kraft. Treat yourself and enjoy these carbs celebrating the weekend!
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup (spicy) cheddar cubed
- 1/8 cup of cream or almond milk
- 1/4 tablespoon of tarragon
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup of cooked pork belly or bacon
- 1/8 cup panko bread crumbs (optional)
- Bring a pot of water with one tsp of olive oil to a boil and add pasta cook for 3-4 minutes and drain.
- In a saucepan add the remaining olive oil and tarragon over medium heat
- Add the milk or cream along with hot sauce and cheddar and simmer slowly until smooth.
- Stir cheese blend into the pasta
- Plate and top with bacon and bread crumbs