Sometimes Monday rolls around a day too quickly, leaving you wishing for another Sunday to perpetuate your weekend. Unfortunately today being Leap Day doesn’t merit the title and status of an official holiday and day off. Instead celebrate like a holiday with this all-French brunch, breakfast, or whatever you choose. This is at its essence French bread French toast with a coffee and vanilla egg wash. Add some whipped peanut butter and agave nectar to top off this decadent but relatively healthy sweet treat. Happy Leap Day!
- French bread loaf cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fresh ground coffee
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 sliced banana
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Lightly beat two eggs folding in coffee and vanilla extract
- Heat frying pan over medium low heat and add olive oil
- Dip French bread slices coating completely in egg wash
- Fry until each side is golden brown
- Whip together peanut butter and yogurt until well blended, light and fluffy
Top the toast and enjoy!