Often times you peek in your freezer and realize ” Oh I still have some holiday turkey leftover.” Whether this is the case or you’re just in the mood for something simple and healthy this hot salad of sorts is a great option. Of course there is also some bacon involved to liven things up a bit. I’ve always felt that Brussel sprouts have a universal bad rap, as a kid even their on the list of most hated vegetables. Sure their not the most appealing vegetable out there, but I’d be remiss in adding to this stigma when in fact their a simple and hardy veggie that is delicious. This particular dish is also great to whip up and eat cold on the run for lunch, or heated up as a wholesome late night snack. Give it a go and enjoy!
- 1 lbs. Brussel sprouts shredded or sliced
- 4 strips thick cut bacon diced
- 1/2 cup rough chopped Swiss chard
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 lb. pulled or sliced turkey
- 1/8 cup fresh or dried berries
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 julienne red onion
- salt and pepper
- Brown the bacon over medium heat adding in the red onion until cooked
- Sauteé Swiss chard and add vinegar and Brussel sprouts
- Add turkey and cover to let the mixture steam.
- Mix thoroughly and add feta and fruit