August is upon us, and with it has come the intense heat and humidity of summer. What’s better after a long run in the sun or just a day out bearing the humidity? A couple scoops of cold creamy ice cream. I’ve created a recipe that you can enjoy without worry. It’s dairy free and with just three ingredients, simple to whip up in minutes. I’ve used again two of my favorite ingredients for creating healthy and sustainable snacks; Bananas and Bugeater Foods’ Jump Protein. This recipe is perfect for those bananas you have around that are just a touch over-ripened so peel them into a bowl and let’s get started!
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup of Jump Protein
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 2 air-tight preferable glass containers (this allows the ice cream to freeze without frosting or becoming freezer burnt) I recommend using 2 – 8oz. Mason jars
- Peel the bananas into a large mixing bowl and mash
- Add in peanut butter and blend until smooth
- Fold the protein into the mixture until evenly mixed
- split the mixture into the two jars making sure to seal completely
- Freeze for 1-2 hours or overnight
- Enjoy with a sprinkle of dark chocolate or by itself!