Peanut Butter (Protein) bars
It’s almost the weekend so here’s a new treat to try. This recipe was given to me by a dear friend and I’ve tweaked it just slightly with two of my favorite ingredients. Here again I’ve substituted avocado for butter and protein for flour. These are a delicious and decadent treat you can enjoy as a dessert, snack or even breakfast. Take these to your next group ride or gathering and they’re sure to be devoured!
- 1 Avocado
- 1/3 peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup of Jump Protein or flour
- 1 cup of rolled or steel cut oats
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees
- Cream together in a large mixing bowl avocado, sugar, peanut butter and egg
- Sift and fold in salt, baking soda, flour, and oats
- Press onto 9×13 baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- While baking whip together Greek yogurt and peanut butter for topping.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on while still hot and spread on topping
- Put in the freezer to cool or enjoy hot out of the over.